Monday, June 17, 2019

Blog #10

#1

This is getting a bit old.  I am not one to complain about much of anything, as it solves nothing, and I am a results guy.   But this rain is really getting a bit old.

I lived through a 2 and half year drought in Florida when I worked there and I swore then I would not ever go off about rain again. Droughts are terrible.  But this ain't real great either.and being honest, droughts are worse.

Rain can be frustrating, and the lack of outdoor stuff, and of course golf gets old, but this too will pass.  All I ask is thing. Can we just get back to a regular pattern.  Some sun, some warm, some rain

You know. The basics.


#2


Still not complaining, just commenting.   But, I do miss the long shadows that the sun can cast. Have you found yourself, as I have found myself, in disbelief that it is late June?   It just hasn't felt very June-y.  And thinking back, it didn't feel very May-y either.  Or April-y. 

But it is, and we have to think that the best of Summer 2019 is still ahead. And I have tried to keep the perspective, that is it not yet summer.  It is still technically Spring.

Hang in there. Summer is coming.


#3

Social Media has made it fun to look back on Throwback Thursdays and see how we used to be.  It's maybe run its best race, but I think it is cool at times to look back and see a different version of ourselves.

The changes in me, and my career have been many, and as I look back, it seems that was not me, but it was. And in essence, still is.

Because one of the best ways to learn why things are the way they are, is to remember why they were, the way they were.


# 4

New movies out this week!


Toy Story 4

Well this is certainly NOT going to be a flop. This is going to be a gigantic hit, and seemingly everyone is excited to see this.  This franchise has an incredible universal appeal.  Everyone had or has toys.  Everyone relates, and everyone loves the main characters.

There are some new characters here, and enough time has passed to make this fresh yet again.


Anna

If you watch this trailer, it may may become painfully clear to you, that you have seen this movie 100 times before in one way shape or form.


This will get lost in the shuffle.


Child's Play

These kind of slasher movies always seem to find a nice opening weekend, and then comes the huge exhale.


The wave will come in, and then go out.....way out....










No comments: