Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Blog Week 11

#1

Had a fantastic time at Cedar Point this weekend.  I hadn't been there in a few years, and I had a great time.  Many changes, and new rides, Windy and I really a fun weekend as we stayed the night at the Breakers.

We rode tons of rides including a bunch of coasters.  But one thing still has not changed over the years with me and the park.   I can ride any roller coaster on the planet, but I don't like to ride the "buckets".   You know, the thing on the string.    I just can't get past the wire maybe snapping thing, and going over the towers thing.

I know, it's the most boring ride on earth, slowest too.  I know logically it's probably the safest ride in world, but I'll stick to the Valraven -

For....Some...reason...


#2

This week, I had the chance to play in a great gold outing at the wonderful Bunker Hill Golf Course in Medina.  It was a fundraiser for a terrific agency in Medina and Lorain County called The LCADA Way.  They are here to help those who are affected by drugs and addiction.

As I learned they are great people who do amazing work. And it was good to support them and our sister radio station WNWV The Wave as they were the radio sponsor.

Kudos to the very professional staff too at Bunker Hill who ran a fantastic outing, and had the course in tip-top shape.

We here at WQMX are proud to support charity golf tournaments, so let us know if you would like us to maybe be a part of your charity outing.



#3

The past three years I have been a 20-game season ticket holder with the Indians.   I have chosen the Monday and Wednesday package for various reasons, one being the abundance of Wednesday afternoon games.

I am not a Cubs fan at all in any way.  But for decades at Wrigley with NO LIGHTS they played only day games there.  Now with lights, the can do both.  Be clear, I am not saying we should take the lights off Progressive Field, but I do love me some day baseball.   I love the 1:10 start.  I know, you'll say because I get up at 2:30 AM to do the show is one of the reasons, and you would be right. But the day games I've gone to this year and past years are the best.

Nice weather, sun, and an overall good feeling buzzes through the park that's different than a night game.  Maybe it's a different person that can go to an afternoon game.  Could be many are thrilled to not be at the office, and maybe the sun has something to do with it too.  There's a different feel, and vibe that you can actually feel.

Love Live Day Ball!  GO TRIBE!!


#4

New Flicks This Week!


Annabelle Comes Home

More Annabelle.  This is clearly the season for scary movies as there is no shortage of them out right now with more on the way.

Always great to get a jolt at the movies on a late summer night.  We've been down this particular road before a few times before, but we seem to want more.



Yesterday

This is on my list as one of the most anticipated movies of the summer. What a great idea in theory.  Seems no one alive knows who the Beatles are in this movie and our star sings and performs all of thier songs and gets worldwide acclaim doing it with the masses thinking they are his songs.


This has the chance to be really, really good with a solid script and done by skilled film makers.


No comments: