Monday, July 22, 2019

Blog Week 13

#1

I know that National Ice Cream Day was Sunday, but that's ridiculous.  Ice cream gets one single day.  What is better than ice cream?  I don't, but I could eat ice cream every single day.  There are a few kinds of ice cream too.   Good, really good, great, fantastic, and amazing.  I don't care what kind I am eating. 

I am a cup and bowl guy though, and yes I am anti-cone.  Traditional cones taste and look like asbestos, or insulation.  Sugar cones, though better, are still a calorie waster.  Then there are waffle cones, in a pinch where there is a much dreaded bowl shortage, will do, but still there is a decision, if I am going to eat the waffle cone, or get out a spoon and go to work right out of the tub.

I, for one don't need a bunch of mumbo jumbo on ice cream either.  Just roll it up, and slap in the bowl.  Small spoon too make it last longer.  Perfect rolls are fine or SQUARE as you can see from the pic, that's the Idaho way.  And BTW, do you really need a "sample?"  Maybe if you're like.....9.   But it's ice cream, order, pay and keep the line moving.....

Long live ice cream.


#2

I have been going to Indians games for many, many years.  I have been a 20 game season ticket holder for the past 3 years.  I remember when going to a Tribe game was exactly that.  Going to a ball game.  Now it is so much more - and it's better.

Long gone are the days of 5,000 in old Municipal Stadium for Banner Day, or Grandstand Managers Day, with soggy hotdogs, a scoreboard that looked like Pong, and the dreaded troughs.  When you go to Progressive Field now, it's a blast from the moment you walk in.  The music, the food, the great smells, the sun, the shows, the well....everything.  The Indians are a first class operation who give you a fun, family friendly experience from start to finish.

I mean, where else where else can you see live hot dogs starring in a hot local band?


#3

When we walked on the moon in 1969, I was very young, but I do remember my parents making sure we all watched Neil and Buzz make world history.  I am glad of that....

I remember wanting to be an astronaut too.  And although my life went and continues to go in a different direction, I would have done what they did all those years ago.  And if I had the chance, I would do it now.  I get it, there are a few obstacles in my way, but the chance to walk on the moon, or sit on top of a Saturn V Rocket on Earth is something I would do in a heartbeat.

Windy and I saw Neils spacesuit from all those years ago this week on the 50th anniversary of the moon landing, and we both had to take a pic.  And even though neither one of us will be suiting up soon and riding the Orion into space, it's nice to dream we would.


So Cool!

#4

Another weekend of few releases, as there are plenty of HUGE movies to see right now, ass studios are waiting for them to blow over. But this is well timed.  With all the animation, superhero and Disney stuff out right now, it seems right for a Quentin Tarantino flick to find an crowd.  A behibnd the scenes Hollywood story set in 1969.


This stars Leo and Brad.  Plus, Margot Robbie, Kurt Russell, and an ton of other very big stars.  I am a huge fan of Tatantino flicks, and though they aren graphic and tough to watch at times, they are highly original.




No comments: