Friday, October 29, 2010

MOVIE REVIEW - Saw 3-D

I think we have finally made it to the finish line, Saw 3-D is here - thank goodness!

OK, you can more than likely feel the sarcasm in my words, but there is a shred of truth to them. Word is, this will more than likely be the last one. But I will tell you, the door is not completely shut at least in the story line. I would fill you in on the rest of the story line in Saw 3-D, if there was one really.

Saw3-D is extreme torture. Gory, bloody, sadistic scenes. I will give them their due. If it's that you want, there is no shortage of it here. Some of it has to do with the principle characters, and some is just tossed in because there was just not enough in the original script. After seeing, and reviewing all of these movies for ANN, it never really stops surprising me ho much a young audience wants to see all of this over the top carnage. To be honest, you do become a bit desensitised to it all. That is concerning to me, not for me, but for young people. It's just one gross torture scene after another, that gets cheered and at times clapped for. Leave mom at home.

Way back when the original Saw movie was actually a pretty scary, compelling movie with a real plot and story that made sense. For what it was, it was well done and for the most part- smart. Plus it supplied movie goers with one of the best "I didn't see that coming endings" in recent memory. But over time, a decent story has given way to simply gory. And this is no exception. Plus the 3-D is not an enhancement here. It does give it some visual depth of course, but nothing to write home about and certainly doesn't make it a better movie. Just a more expensive one.

Saw 3-D. Let's hope that this really is game over. But after seeing this ending, I'll believe it when I don't see it. This has been drawn out way too long.

No comments: