Monday, August 26, 2019

week 18

#1

It's not often we get to treat ourselves to a truly great meal that you, for the most part, you can't make at home.

We went to the amazing Mallorca in Cleveland over the weekend to have some paella and sangria.  If you don't know, and I didn't till recently, paella is the picture above.  It is saffron rice, with shrimp, scallops, sausage, peas, chicken, and a half lobster.  It is simply incredible. And their sangria is the perfect compliment to their amazing and authentic Spanish food.

This place is a treat in every way.  Downtown, easy to get in and out of, and very quaint. This is not a place for a bunch of high rollers. Great food, reasonably priced, considering you are dining in a multiple award winning restaurant. 

The owner Laurie and her very friendly staff make this a great choice for a really fun and special night out.   Treat yourself some time.  We did!


#2

I drive past this place in Peninsula a few times a week, and in total disclosure, I have never been inside.  BUT, I love this sign.

I love old signs like this.  This lit up sign in itself can take me back to an era around long before I was. You don't see these much anymore, and that's a shame.  I pass this sometimes very early in the morning, and I look to see if it's turned on every time.

I like this sign about as much as I like one like this that simply says "Eat" once in a while.  I know this sign is old, and probably takes a lot to keep it going, but I hope they keep it - forever!

(I need to go inside this place sometime) 


#3

Luke Combs!

What is going on with him is simply incredible.  Every song he puts out seems to be bigger than the last.

This week we debuted his new single "Even Though I'm Leaving" and the text  and phone lines lit up with emotional words.  This song really resonates with everyone.  Amazing how Luke Combs simply continues to record the best songs in Nashville right now.

Been a long while since we've seen a new star dominate in this way.  Well done!


#4

One major release this weekend

Don't Let Go

Another thriller this week, that is expected to give you a jolt or two.  Very interesting how holiday weekends haven changed over the years.

At one time a huge time to release movies, now almost none.  People and their habits have changed. September is shaping up as being a much better month of new movies, after the holiday weekend.

But some others flicks to check out

Overcomer


Ready Or Not

Blinded By The Light


No comments: