Monday, June 2, 2008

Vote For The Blossom Bypass

We are so blessed to have a venue as great at Blossom Music Center to go to and enjoy concerts. Everyone from the Cleveland Orchestra to Tim McGraw perform there. I've been going to Blossom my whole life, and a few things remain the same. One - it is a terrific place to see any show, and two - the traffic is NOT good.

I had a remote Saturday night at the Wing Warehouse on Wyoga Lake Road at 8pm and as I was flying up RT. 8 I saw the traffic coming to a stop pretty much at Graham Road. Then I remembered. Eric Clapton at Blossom. Lucky for me I knew another way to my destination and I took it. Others were not so lucky. I could tell you the route I took but I won't, can't risk it. Gotta save it for another emergency. Traffic was snarled both north and south on 8, what a mess. There are also equally guarded secret routes into Blossom but they too must remain top secret so they too don't get too clogged up.

Look, Blossom traffic is legendary. If you have missed Clapton, or Chesney, or Rascal Flatts while waiting in traffic you are not alone. But I am here to help. I'm proposing the "Blossom Bypass" That's right a 4 lane superhighway from all major arteries right into Blossom. No stops, no exits, just right there. All lanes going in, and all lanes going out. If you're in, and want out? Tough! You're waiting till the shows over. That would not be a big change there either. Because even though you may know your way in...you still have to get out. Bring a change of clothes...and a pillow!

What would this cost? Who cares!!! I'd pay it! Superhighways can cost hundreds of millions of dollars. But if you've ever waited on the outside when your favorite is singing on the inside you'd pay it too. I don't think anyone would mind if it was a toll road, just get me to the show for crying out loud! Look if the federal government is willing to spend tens of millions on the mating habits of various unknown insects, plus insisting on paying members of Congress a salary and benefits, I think the bypass is money better spent.

Note to Barack or Hillary, or John. Want to win Ohio? Support this idea, and you're in. Legions of Toby Keith crazies and Flatts fans will propel you to a landslide victory. Not to mention the thousands of drivers NOT going to Blossom this summer who are tired of sitting in traffic on Route 8 as well. They are just innocent bystanders. They'd be in - "Bystanders For Bypass" - catchy. And don't forget the totally innocent victims of Cuyahoga Falls. Old dad just goes out to pick up the pizza for his famished family and ends up trapped in the automotive abyss without his phone, never to be heard from again!

And for the environmentalists out there. Don't worry. I think we should make it very beautiful as well. Nice flowers, trees and loving care to the animals. Not a problem. That issue is very important and we don't want to mess up the Metroparks - WE JUST DON'T WANT TO GET OLD WAITING IN CONCERT TRAFFIC!

The Blossom Bypass. Even sounds good. Think I'll write the Governor. Maybe he tried to go to the Clapton concert.

2 comments:

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Scott: How much power do you have, lets see you push this through.

angel9952 said...

I totally agree with your assessment of the Blossom traffic mess!

Hurray for the Blossom Bypass...it would save a lot of people a lot of headaches!

My husband,coming home from Thistledown to Akron gets in those messes and they are quite a mess!

Let's hear it for the Blossom Bypass!