Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Spring Time Renewelutions!?

The other day I my partner Sue Wilson wrote a real nice blog, where she took a few minutes to be thankful for the good things in her life. I think it's natural to think about those things, especially now during this tough time in history, but also at this time of year. Spring time, a tmie of renewel. She put together a list, and it was from the heart. After reading her list, it inspired me to put this list together.

I've done a lot of thinking about this for a while now. And I've finally made up my mind. I submit that we should do away with New Years Resolutions and replace them with Spring Time Renewelutions....(if that's a word, if not I just made one up) Hang in there with me!

New Years Day is just too hard to get that whole thing going. We're too easily destined for failure. We've been eating like a machine since Thanksgiving, it's tough to exercise, we're lethargic, and there's just too much chance for relapse. So this year, let's do it the first day of Spring! Weathers going to be great soon, I think we're all feeling a bit better, and happier, the windows will soon be open, and we're certainly more motivated.


So as you compile your list, here's my first list of Spring Time Renewelutions.

Be Slow to speak and quick to listen.
Keep my exercise routine going, every day.
Lose 15 more pounds.
Continue to eat more fruit.
Meet more listeners.
Quit being so hard on myself.
Read to an elementary school every week until school is out.
Collect children's books for groups that need them.
Do another school supplies drive this summer for those in need.
Play more golf with Stacy
Shoot in the 70's more often when I do play golf.
Go to an Indians game once a month.
Try to be the best partner I can for my morning show team members every day.
Continue to learn from those who do things better than me. - Every time.
Do a random act of kindness every week.
Try to be a good example for people younger than me.
Play catch more often.
Go to the Zips first game in their new football stadium.


Now that's my list, and I know it may be a bit ambitious, but you gotta begin somewhere. I think most of them are do-able. And the weather is great, and motivation is high. Compile your list and send it to me scott@wqmx.com asap! Spring Time Renewelutions! Look forward to hearing from you!

You can follow all my blogs too at http://www.akronnewsnow.com/blogs/scottwynnswindow/

No comments: