Friday, April 18, 2008

What's The Problem?

The following sentence is absolutely fact. I have been to 8 Indians games since the beginning of the 2007 season, and I have not seen them lose in that stretch while at Progressive Field. That's right, I am 8-0 in that span! I know a lot has been made of the Tribe's slow start. The offense is awful, the bullpen is gagging up games left and right, and we're still under .500 but that's not the team I've been seeing!


Last year I was on fire, 6-0 with one draw. I went to opening day's snow bowl where nobody won but after that, no losses while I was in attendance. Not bad huh? This season I went to opening day again, we score a bunch of runs and win 10-7 and look great. Then after a bad streak on the road, I go down Thursday and we pick off the Tigers 10-1! Great hitting, great pitching just an overall fantastic time.

So what's the problem? None from my vantage point. Not only am I seeing win after win, I have been on the cusp of getting a foul ball this year. Had many close calls already this young season. (One from Grady Sizemore) My partner Shannon has two young sons and I'd like to get one for them. That is a goal of the 2008 campaign. Then there's this little footnote, I have been to 2 games this year, and Onion who has only two wins in the 5th inning hot dog race this season, both times while I was there- coincidence? I think not!

As good of a streak as I'm on, I'm sitting by the phone these days waiting for call from the Indians' grateful GM Mark Shapiro to offer me season tickets! I'd settle for the 20 game plan even. I'm also expecting to field lucrative offers from the Cavs and the Browns for the upcoming post season and regular season. Last year incidentally I was 2-0 at Browns games as well. I feel like I'm going to have a great year. I came to spring camp in good shape, I'm taking it one game at a time, and I'm in good voice too. Even had a snappy quip for the umpire the other night that drew laughs from people a row or two in front of me. Over all I'm feelin' good!

One sad note, I didn't get to any post season games last year. I tried to get tickets to the possible clinching game against Boston last year but couldn't and I'm truly sorry about that one. I feel like I really let the team down. That night I had good stuff too and was ready to go, but it was not to be. But we gotta put that behind us. 2008 is a new season and I'm in the best shape of my cheering career, it's going to be a great ride.


So what's the problem? None really. The Tribe is still a great team, and over the course of 162 games they will win their share, and be there in the end. I'm looking forward to my next start sometime on the upcoming home stand when they return on April 25th against the Yankees. Go Tribe!

No comments: