Friday, September 5, 2008

Strap it on!

It's time to strap on the chin straps and lace 'em up tight, Browns season is here again! I am not a negative person by nature, and I'm glad of that. I am also aware of the possible bad outcome of any situation. That to me is something to be respected, but not expected. That brings me to the Browns.

Here we are on the cusp of another season of Browns football. I hear all the Nay-Sayer's boo-hooing already. We have too many injuries, we can't win, we're not as good as Dallas, or Pittsburgh or some of the other elite teams in the NFL. "We stink, we never win, it's the BROWNS, somethings bound to go wrong." To these folks I have one thing to say. 'QUIT BEING A NAM BY-PAM BY, PULL THE CHIN STRAP ON TIGHT AND LET'S GET TO WORK!"

What the heck is wrong with these clowns? Who cares about 1986, 87, or any other near misses. It's 2008. Let's play the games and see what happens! I'll bet you if you ask any Arizona Cardinal fan, they would love to have ONE hear miss even talk about. True, the Browns have never been to the Superbowl, and have had their share of problems in recent history. Who cares?

I love Sundays in the fall. We go to our friends Don and Terri's, and make tons of food, eat ourselves silly from the Browns game right on through the four 0'clock game. I was thinking about it. Over the years the Browns have given me more heart attacks, more glee, more frustration, and even more ojida than any team has a right to. You gotta admit, being a Browns fan is exciting. For some reason the Browns for 30 years have decided that virtually every game should be determined in the final minute. The bad teams get that part over with in the first half most Sundays. Same with the great teams. For me, I want my complete 60 minutes worth. And the Browns give it to me.

So let's strap 'em on, and get going. The Cowboys are in town and I'm in the mood to kick some down south, arrogant, starred helmet, egomaniac, overexposed, pretty boy Dallas Cowboy butt! And after we get done with them, we'll bend Big Ben Rothlessberger around the 50 yard line and beat them too. I'm good to go!

It's 2008, if you're not all in, then go to the library on Sunday afternoons and read Nicolas Sparks paperbacks and have a good cry, or host a Little House On the Prairie marathon at the house on the small TV, while the rest of us are attending to serious business - Eating...and Browns Football!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: