Monday, September 22, 2008

When It All Goes Right

Over the weekend, I took the WQMX Care-A-Van to the Akron Zoo, and lent support to the Walk For Babies for Children's Hospital. There was maybe 500-600 people there to walk, and to work the event. It was a beautiful morning, and it was nice to be out with the listeners.

But something else happened on Saturday morning. I met some of the best people I've met in a long time. Those with big smiles, great attitudes and something a little extra special. A child that was one time in Children's unit for babies. What a joy!

I don't have any children of my own, so I don't can't possibly understand what these parents have gone through. I try to imagine. Even though I am not qualified to relate fully to them, I can share in their joy that is apparent when you talk with them. All of these parents and extended family were so grateful to have their now healthy child with them you could not help but share in their joy and appreciation for life in general.

Many had extraordinary stories to tell, and I listened. I was amazed on the courage both child and parents possess, but I was also awakened by the numbers. For someone that usually makes his living by talking for a living, I found myself speechless, as one amazing story after another was made available to me. It reminded me to listen more, I have to keep that in mind. It was an inspiring day.

Thanks for sharing your stories with me, it is an honor. I think I learned more Saturday morning than I've learned in a long while, and lucky for me, if was information worth learning.

And amazing too, the great folks that work at Childrens making sure that these kids who need a boost in their early life get it, and go on to walk in walks and be members of their loving family. I learned too that sometimes in life when it seems that all is going wrong, there are those caring souls out there that make sure ...that it all goes right.

I was a great day! For those who told me your story, thanks for sharing. And for those who made it possible...thanks for caring.

No comments: