Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Anythings Possible

As 2008 winds down, I think it's normal for us all to look back and see what we've learned...or not learned. This has been a big year of learning for me personally. And as I look back , to me 2008 will go down in my memory as the year that anything became possible. And this time....it's really true.

The Presidential election of course got the ball rolling on this from just bout every angle. It was going to be historic no matter who won, and history was then made. There will be other historic elections in our future, but this was the first, and the one I think we will all remember.

Second, the economy. Yes, it is now possible to watch our investments go up in smoke in a few short days. Yes, it is possible for some banks and companies that have been around since the beginning to fail, or almost fail. It was possible for us to be paying $4.50 cents a gallon for gasoline, and $1.50 a gallon three months later. Those are the ones that really got our attention, but there are others that still happened, that are worth remembering.

These true events in 2008 only further prove that now anything is possible - Just for fun!!

1/ The Tampa Bay Rays played in the World Series.
2/ The lead singer from Hootie And The Blowfish, Darius Rucker had a #1 Country song.
3/ I got out of Blossom in 15 minutes after a concert last summer.
4/ We had a blizzard in March. I was in Florida playing golf that weekend, heard it was bad!
5/ After going 10-6 in 2007, the Browns again, have to start all over.
6/ Jessica Simpson stopped by and chatted with Sue and I in August on the show.
7/ The Cleveland Indians have had TWO consecutive Cy Young Award winners.
8/ Brittany Spears has again risen to the top of her game, after being in the gutter.
9/ People still like the song Afternoon Delight. I heard someone singing it in Acme today.
10/ You can type in "I'm having a really good day" on Facebook, and lots of people care!
11/ MySpace isn't as cool as it was.
12/ There is a technology that you can "tweet" on now. Ask your IT guy/gal.
13/ Starbucks actually had to close some stores.
14/ Airlines now charge you to take a piece of luggage with you opn your trip.
15/ And this one...I think that the widening of I-77 between Akron and Canton is now done.
Am I right?????? I think so!

This is a short list of course, and all of it is true! Do you have ones to add to the list? E-mail me and let me know scott@wqmx.com

Happy New Year

No comments: