Monday, December 22, 2008

Top Five Christmas Movies Of All Time!

The guys at Akronnewsnow.com asked me to come up with the list of my top five Christmas Flicks of all time. I remember three months ago when Akronscreams.com, our Halloween website asked me for my top five Scariest Flicks of all time, and I heard about it the whole month. Both pro and con. So here we go,

My Top Five Christmas Movies Of All Time:

1/ A Christmas Story - (1983) You know, even the toughest Scrooge out there finds it hard
not to love this flick. It is among the most relatable movies of all time. So many
memorable scenes, and the dogs at the end? The goose? The fa rarara's?

2/ The Polar Express - (2004) Well unbelievable movie making to start with. And a
fantastic adaptation of a great, great book. Visually stunning, and there's
something about Tom Hanks at Christmas that's just good!

3/ It's a Wonderful Life - (1946) I'm not as big of a fan of this movie as many others, but it's
tough not to like this. Jimmy Stewart at his young best, and I always thought
Donna Reed was underrated as an actress. This is a bit long for me, but still
a classic!

4/ While You Were Sleeping - (1993) Here is the surprise on the list. Some will say, that it's
Not a Christmas movie, but I beg to differ. It takes place from Christmas Eve
through the holiday season, and follows a single woman and her "new" family.
Sandra Bullock when she was new, and this movie is perfectly cast from top to
bottom.

5/ White Christmas - (1954) Bing Crosby and Danny Kaye. Of course the big song, written
by Irving Berlin. This movie will be played for generations to come. Bing at
his best!

Honorable Mentions -

1/ Home Alone (1990) - Fun, a little thin...but fun.
2/ Elf (2005) Will Farrel to be honest I feel was never better than he was here!
3/ Holiday Inn - (1942) Fred Astaire and Bing Crosby, music again by Irving Berlin.
plot? well..Okay but fun!

ScottWynn

3 comments:

Cliff said...

My personal favorite is Scrooged, starring Bill Murray.

Melanie said...

love your list..one of my favs is "A Christmas Carol"...with George C. Scott.

HWHL said...

"It's a Wonderful Life"... which is also my favorite movie of all time. (In fact, I gave VERY serious thought to naming our son George Bailey... simply because I think he's such a fine individual.) LOVE that movie!